Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Caleb's Birthday
For Caleb's birthday Emmalee was coming over to show us all baby Jade. So we all got together; David, Dixie, Abbie and Audrey.We all ate dinner together and when we were all there, we had cake and ice cream. We filmed the event, it was pretty funny. We sang to Caleb, turned out the lights and put a cake in front of him. He tried to touch the flame, then he tried to get the frosting, whipped cream frosting. I had made earlier mini cupcakes, regular cupcakes and with the rest of the batter a cake. I placed a frosted mini cupcake in front of him and he was just playing with it. I put it in his mouth and he enjoyed it. It seamed like he was picking off the frosting first and then, surprising us all, he picked it up and stuffed the whole thing in his mouth! We were all shocked. No gaging or anything. So I gave him another mini cupcake to see if he would do it again. yep, he took the frosting off with his fingers (and put it in his mouth) then once again he picked it up and stuffed it all in his mouth. We were all laughing. He wanted more, but we tried to refrain by opening cards and gifts. He was pretty excited to get a cell phone. It's a pretty nice one, meaning it talks and makes noises as well as almost drop proof. He played with it for a while. He got mad at me for taking it away from him just ot clean off his fingers. Caleb received some very nice gifts. He got a few shirts and pants, which is needed in this colder weather. Grandma's are so smart, not just for that, but giving Tyler a gift too. Tyler was asking where his present was. I mean why does Grandma and Grampa send Caleb something and not him. So he got an apple ahaped chalk board. He loved that as well. He sat right down and drew pictures. It hit the spot. Well, after presents we decided to do the cake thing one more time, We didn't have anymore mini's so it was a cake square, a little bigger than the mini. He did the samae thing, but since it was bigger, he would be chopping away at it while stuffing a little more at a time into his mouth until it was all in there. I can't believe my little boy hords food. So much for breaking things into small pieces, I'll just give it to him whole. Well, it was a site to see...maybe you will someday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so cute! I love the part about Caleb shoving the whole thing in his mouth haha. Seems like that's the goal for babies, to fit as much as possible into their mouths at once.
ReplyDelete