So today I was super excited and then fell to the couch and wanted to scream my head off.
The last blog I mentioned that we had put two offers in on two different houses. One house I still haven't seen and the other house was a very nice house a street away from the other house. We went to see this house Tuesday of this week. On Thursday we get a call saying that our offer has potential, however with other offers coming in and more showing yet that evening, we had to do something quick. They wanted a little more, or closer to their asking price. SO we did. Today Brian calls and tells me that they accepted All the paper work for our offer got set up, even our closing date. I was so excited, WE HAVE A HOUSE!!! Our Realtor had everything ready and was on his way to drop off the contract when he gets a call, 10 min. way from the office telling him that someone else came in with a better offer so we are out of luck. What horrible luck! After all that we went through with the owner and he just gets something better and throws us out the window. Of course I went and started calling everyone to tell them that we had a house and now I have to let everyone know again that someone doesn't have any ethics. So we are left with the house that I still can't get into see, with one week remaining, if we don't hear anything we are withdrawing our offer. Either we find a better house or we hear something from the bank and I can see it!
To top it off, since I'm venting, my husband and two boys are sick.
On the upside, today is the last day to get my birthday "buy one first, then get your birthday one FREE" smoothie at Orange Julius, which I'm going to make that happen! Now tell me why on your birthday do they make you buy a smoothie, why not give you a free little one?
Who's up for a smoothie!?!
Sorry about your crummy day. I think when the right house comes along, things will fall into place...Just be patient.
ReplyDelete